Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
New details for the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass and Post Launch content have emerged with signs as to how this Assassin’s Creed title will have a long lifecycle
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey still has a few weeks to go before we all dive in and see how this one is furthering the franchise. It has been one of the settings I had been hoping for when Ubisoft started jumping around in time to further expand the world and story of the millennia. Now it looks like we have a solid look at how it will keep going on well after the initial launch as well as to why we are not getting another Assassin’s Creed next year. If the information we have for the Season Pass and post-launch content is anything to take it, and it is, it makes perfect sense as it will go well into next year before we are even done playing this story.
To kick things off here, we have a look at the Season Pass content coming for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. The first to bits being full story expansions that will span over three ‘episodes’ each. The first slated to drop in December at some point and follow the story of the first hero to wield the hidden blade. After those three episodes go by, sometime in the Spring of 2019 we will see the second story arc for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey drop where we will head into the lost city of Atlantis to find out what happened to the city as well as face off with some mythical monsters from the setting. All over another three ‘episode’ setup. Not too shabby at all.
If that is not enough Assassin’s Creed for you, those who pick up the Season Pass will also have access to the remaster of Assassin’s Creed III so you can take a break and head to a different era if you so choose. Given that it will be hitting the respective stores in March of 2019, that will be a lot of Ancient Greece to take in and the American Revolution done up for the setting and brought to us with all the 4K resolution could be a welcome change to take in. It will also get us another step closer to having all the games on one platform of our choosing, so there is that too.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey — Post Launch & Season Pass
That is it for all of the paid DLC coming for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, so what about the free content that is also coming for the gamer on a budget. First, it looks like the Discovery Tour is coming back so we can run around Ancient Greece without worry of harm so we can learn about the lands and history. There will also be other mini-stories told in between the larger DLC ones that will include elements from the core game to keep you all entertained and constantly playing. There also looks to be ongoing events in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey that will land you new and unique gear to use in New Game+. It does not look like we will be facing off with any of the gods like we had before, sadly.
The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass includes:
- Story Arc I — Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows. Starting December 2018, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Story Arc II — The Fate of Atlantis: In the second story arc, players will confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. In a surprising saga filled with twists and turns, players will get even closer to Greek mythology and the First Civilization. Coming spring 2019, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered: Ignite the American Revolution as Connor, the master assassin, born amidst the beauty and the brutality of 18th century America. As a bloody uprising draws ever nearer, your clan is threatened by a powerful group seeking to crush the American Revolution and control the thirteen colonies. Shocked into action by the devastation of your village, you pledge your life to the cause of freedom, and embark on a decades-long quest to achieve it. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be released in March 2019 and will include:
- All the DLC: The Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets Pack and Tyranny of King George.
- Assassin’s Creed Liberation Remastered
The Season Pass is included in the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gold, Ultimate, Spartan, and Pantheon Editions, and is also available for purchase separately.
In addition, an extensive lineup of free content, including new narrative content and in-game events, will be available for all players after launch, including:
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic questlines will release regularly in-between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
- Discovery Tour: The educational tool that lets anyone explore the game in a conflict-free environment, will be available for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Players can traverse the entire interactive 3D recreation of Ancient Greece, free of conflict, time pressure or gameplay constraints, after launch.
- Many more updates, including new monstrous and mythical creatures to defeat and a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories.
What are your thoughts on all of this DLC for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and do you like the release model? Do you think it will keep fans of the franchise playing until 2020 when the next major addition to the franchise will come out from Ubisoft? Do you think that the free story missions will be more than fetch quests or will it just be something to distract us until the next large release? Let us all know down in the comments what is on your mind and then feel free to discuss. For more Assassin’s Creed Odyssey news and updates, keep your browser tuned in here. We will keep all of them coming at you as fast as we can.