Man Of Medan
It has been announced that Man Of Medan, and all of The Dark Pictures Anthology titles, will have co-op and multiplayer to survive the horrors coming with Man Of Medan
In an interesting plot twist for Man Of Medan, it looks like the horror title will no longer be a single-player game in general. In fact, it looks like all of the titles in The Dark Pictures Anthology will house multiple ways to play the game besides solo mode. This includes being able to play online and couch co-op for those wondering. All with two new modes that Supermassive Games has to show us for Man Of Medan. Those being the Shared Story Mode and Movie Night Mode that will be hitting the PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions of the game. Some seem easier to work in, but it will be a thing all around.
The long and short of it all will be that you can still play Man Of Medan all by your lonesome if you choose. If the horror is too much or you want the extra challenge, you can go with Shared Story that will take you online with a co-op mode where each player will affect the other’s with their own choices and actions. It also looks like they will also have the option to play some of the QTE portions in Man Of Medan that could lead to your death or theirs depending on how it all plays out. More or less, you need to make sure you are playing with someone who does not go AFK/C too often while going about it.
If you want more of a challenge, or safety net for the scare factor, you can go with the Movie Night mode for Man Of Medan that will have up to five players taking control of the game. It will all be a pass and play style of mode where each player can control a different character and make all of the choices for them. Those choices also coming back to haunt all of the other players, but making it a shared story for the group to enjoy instead of just one person. None the less, it looks like there will be multiple ways for us all to experience Man Of Medan and the whole of The Dark Pictures, which is always a good thing.
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan — Multiplayer Reveal
Players will be able to team up to tackle horrors in online and offline multiplayer modes for The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan, Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe has today unveiled.
All games from The Dark Pictures Anthology, a series of narrative horror games developed by Supermassive Games and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe, will feature two multiplayer modes in addition to the single player experience, starting with Man Of Medan when it launches on 30th August 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC Digital.
Shared Story Mode
- Share your story simultaneously with a friend in 2 Player online co-op
- Both players explore the world, make choices and actions that affect the outcome of the story and the fate of the characters you are playing
- Play through scenes from a different perspective to the single-player experience, sometimes together, sometimes apart in totally separate scenes revealing new information, locations and scares
- The decisions you and your friend make could be the one thing that keeps them all alive…
Movie Night Mode
- Play locally in a group of up to 5 players with one controller, pass the pad and play the character of your choice in turn
- Each player takes charge of the movement, decisions and choices of one of the five main characters
- Will you make decisions just to save your own character? Or try and keep everyone else alive?
- At the end of your playthrough, your actions and impacts throughout the playthrough will be judged – with achievements & rewards for each player
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan — Explore The Real Ghost Ship!
How do you feel about The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan testing the waters with this new mode for the whole thing? Does it sound like the Movie Night Mode will be a good thing or will it fall flat quickly based on skill levels in the group? Will you even use these modes or will you stick to going it solo the whole time? Let us all know down in the comments and then feel free to discuss. When we have more for Man Of Medan at all, we will add it to the site. Just be sure to keep checking in here for all of that.