Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite
The next Marvel Vs Capcom title has been finally announced and we can see Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite sometime late in 2017 now
What was once rumor is now true as Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite has been given its official announcement out at PSX over the weekend. Slight murmurs began just before the show that the game was coming but given the fact that no one could name the person over at Capcom that let the information slip, we never put much stock in it. That and it was better to have the excitement lead up to the “hidden” new Marvel Vs Capcom announcement and now we have it. Maybe that is just me though as we now wait and see what we will be fully getting on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC sometime late in 2017. Those are the platforms and current timeline for the release now.
Of course as this is just an announcement for Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite there are not too many details to work with, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t a single thing. As it looks, we will still have the team up option for the game but truncated down to only two characters at a time. The third character looks to have been opted out to add in the use of an Infinity Stone into the mix for its little extra fun. I can’t say that I hate this idea but it does look like things will be deviating a bit from what we already know and love for the franchise. But you can have a look for yourself and see just what we had with the announcement just below.
Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite — Teaser
Thankfully, this is not where the Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite news and updates ended as it was just the beginning so to say. As the Capcom Cup continued on and so did the event, the little extras also rolled out as well as two more characters that we will get to play as. You can see a nice little extended bit of gameplay that looks a lot like Street Fighter V in terms of gameplay but it also looks like Captain America and Morrigan are also in the mix of characters we will get to play with. Not too shocking as they have always been a staple for Marvel Vs Capcom over the years but they needed an announcement to bring the roster up to six for now as we wait.
Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite — Gameplay
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain Marvel from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
All of this does beg the question on if Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite will include a lot of the classic characters from before or if we will be going down a different path. The inclusion of the Infinity Stones into the game not only alters up the gameplay but it also points to the direction that Marvel is going with their IPs. Could this mean that they are going to keep some of the IPs they don’t own film rights too out of the roster here? Maybe. Which could be a good thing so we could get some other less-known or popular characters in the spotlight but it could leave a sour taste in the mouths of those hardcore fans out there who want to see the mutants in the mix and not have them replaced by Inhumans.
Of course, that is my take on it all and it is too soon into the Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite announcement to make such claims as truth. I just know the path that I see the comics going down given the state of all the other forms of media that Marvel is bringing their characters into. Of course all of this could make it so Capcom is greatly limited in terms of character options and they may not be down with that. But only time will tell for now and all we gamers can do is sit back and wait. Although I know I’d be glad to see things get a bit more of a shakeup than the traditional paths we’ve seen time and time again.
What say you on the announcement of Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite? Do you think the Infinite Power addition will give a great new option to the overall game or would you have rather liked to see a third character in the mix? Do you think that we will see all of the Marvel characters get truncated to what they currently own film rights to or will the whole universe be open? Let us know down in the comments and feel free to discuss as you wish. For more on Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite as it comes, be sure to stay right here as we will bring you all of the character and gameplay updates that we can catch out there in the wild.