Starship Troopers: Extermination
A new announcement for the Starship Troopers IP is out there with the announcement for Starship Troopers: Extermination
It feels almost like we had a title in the Starship Troopers line not too long ago, but for some, that could have been ages. It is a solid IP to work with when it comes to various aspects of the universe, story, and basic gameplay we can have. I guess this is why we now have Offworld Industries working on another outing on the PC for us all. Here we are now with the announcement for Starship Troopers: Extermination. A new shooter title that will aim to put us all into the mix with the various bugs out there and to feel like one of the troopers. That is the goal for it all, at least. there could be more since this is only an announcement for the game at this point.
Even though there is not much to see for Starship Troopers: Extermination at this point, we do have some solid details to get excited for when this one hits the Early Access phase of it all. It looks like it will have twelve-player squads that will be sent out to handle the various infestations in the galaxy out there. Each player will have three different classes to choose from as they head out to bring down the five different types of bugs causing all of the pain in the universe. This is all for the Early Access too, with more planned along the way for Starship Troopers: Extermination if the want and desire for the game is truly out there. Given that we will see some large-scale battles and have the option to progress each class through various means, I can see this one growing over the long run of it all. Only time will tell for now, and I definitely want to know more.
Starship Troopers: Extermination — Announcement
Offworld Industries, in collaboration with Sony Pictures Consumer Products, reveal Starship Troopers: Extermination. Players around the world will soon be called to do their part against the Arachnid threat when this frenetic 12-player, squad-based co-op FPS inspired by the 1997 cult classic film arrives in Steam Early Access on PC in 2023.
Would you like to know more?
Starship Troopers: Extermination puts players on the far-off front lines in an all-out assault against the Arachnid menace. Squad up as a Trooper in the Deep Space Vanguard, an elite Special Forces group within the Mobile Infantry. And get ready to stomp some Bug because no Trooper will ever stand alone as they line up shoulder-to-shoulder with their fellow Vanguards—trusty Morita Assault Rifles in hand—to battle against hordes of bloodthirsty insectoid aliens on the hostile surface of the planet Valaka.
Work together to complete objectives, acquire resources, build and defend your base of operations, and then escape to the extraction point together. The battle will be intense but, as hardened warriors standing for all of humanity and the United Citizen Federation, leave no inch of ground safe for the Arachnids!
Suit up and ship out, Troopers! After all, the only good Bug is a dead Bug!
- Cooperative Gameplay — 12 players can team up in squads of four to defend their base, complete objectives, gather resources, and try to kill every Bug in sight.
- Three Playable Classes — Choose from Assault, Support, and Defense classes to best suit your playstyle and support the rest of your squad.
- Build Defenses — Construct walls, towers, ammo stations, and more using resources acquired from planetside refineries.
- Class Progression System — Unlock new weapons, equipment, and perks for each class to become an elite warfighter among the Deep Space Vanguard.
- 5 Unique Bug Types — At Early Access launch, encounter Drone, Warrior, Gunner, Plasma Grenadier, and Tiger Elite enemy Bugs during planetside missions.
- Escalating Infestation Levels — Increasing Bug threat levels during missions bring bigger and more dangerous enemies to the fight.
- Large-scale Battles — A massive map with five unique zones, and swarm-based combat with hundreds of enemy Bugs on screen delivers the sense of an overwhelming planetary war.
- Ground War — Retake bases and refineries, destroy hives, and complete a variety of side objectives to wrest control of the map away from the Bug menace.
- Ping System — Communication is key! The ‘Ping’ system gives players a quick and easy way to call out points of interest, objectives, incoming enemies, and more to teammates.
Have you been pining for another entry into the Starship Troopers IP and will this one scratch that itch? Do you think that having only the three different classes will work out of the gate or will that be expanded upon quickly during the Early Access? How many other bug types would you want to see added into the game over the lifecycle and will there ever be enough? Go ahead and tell us all what you are thinking down in the comments and then feel free to discuss it all. More for Starship Troopers: Extermination has to be on the way here soon, and we will have it for you. Please keep checking back in for all of that on the site and on our social accounts.
0 Comments Go ahead and login or register