Baldur’s Gate 3
The full release window for Baldur’s Gate 3 is now set up with so many more Baldur’s Gate goodies on the way
It was a big list of updates out of The Game Awards, and here we go with another and this time for Baldur’s Gate 3. A game that has been out there on the PC in an Early Access form for a while now and had many other updates before now. This time, though, it looks as if Larian Studios is finally ready to give us all the one big update that we have been waiting for. That being that the full version of Baldur’s Gate 3 will finally be out there in August of 2023 now. Not a solid release date, but a window that will give us all something to hold out hope for and look toward. If you have been holding off on it all up to now, that is.
Okay, we know this is not the best of news for Baldur’s Gate 3 since we do not have a solid date to look at for the game, but it does come along with a little bit extra. Not just a fun new video that shows off so much of the game and an escape from a Mimic out there. I have a special place in my heart for those creatures. But, here we have a look at the full collector’s edition for Baldur’s Gate 3 too, and what extras will be out there too. Most of them feel like they will build into the D&D setting than just random goodies, but that is always a good thing so we technically get more game for our video games here. Even if that is a tabletop extra then something to add to the digital space of it all. Have a look and then count down the days until the final build is out there.
Baldur’s Gate 3 — Release Window
Gather your party — Baldur’s Gate 3 launches in August 2023.
Larian Studios is thrilled to reveal a brand-new trailer for Baldur’s Gate 3 during The Game Awards, giving fans a first look at some familiar, legendary faces, as well as the game’s namesake city of Baldur’s Gate. Most importantly, however, the video reveals when players will get to roll the (digital) dice, when Baldur’s Gate 3 officially launches in August 2023.
New sights and surprises abound in this trailer, but you especially won’t want to miss these details:
- Launch Month: Larian confirms August 2023 for the full release of Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Minsc & Jaheira: Two beloved Baldur’s Gate legends re-join the fray after 20+ years.
- City Of Baldur’s Gate: Catch a first gameplay glimpse at the game’s namesake, one of the most prosperous and influential cities of Faerûn.
- Collector’s Edition: Baldur’s Gate 3 Collector’s Edition pre-orders begin after its announcement at The Game Awards.
The Collector’s Edition includes:
- Mindflayer Vs. Drow Battle Diorama: 1,100g, 25cm battle diorama of Mindflayer and Drow locked in a deadly exchange of blade and psionic might. This Collector’s Edition statue is made from high-quality PVC/ABS plastics and features a finely painted, hand-finished, round scenic base depicting the subterranean realm of the Underdark.
- Hardcover Art Book: Explore the art and design of Baldur’s Gate 3 in this hardcover art book, written by Larian. Featuring approximately 160 pages of concept art and environmental design inspired by the Forgotten Realms. Inner pages are printed on satin 170gsm gilded foil-edged paper, with an anti-scuff PP laminate case cover.
- Character Sheets: A set of 4-page D&D character sheets for each Baldur’s Gate 3 Origin character. 200-220gsm.
- Cloth Map: A single-sided A3 map of Faerûn, made from silk satin fabric for easy unfurling while trudging through swamps.
- Tadpole Keyring: A tadpole-inspired metal keyring made from zinc alloy. Unlikely to trigger ceremorphosis if inserted into brain (Do not insert into brain).
- Stickers: 32 die-cut vinyl stickers inspired by Baldur’s Gate 3. Includes adorable custom-illustrated characters and Larian Studios warrior logos.
- Magic: The Gathering Booster Packs: Three Magic: The Gathering booster packs containing the Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur’s Gate card set, featuring characters from Baldur’s Gate 3. (Limited to the first 15k Collector’s Editions sold).
- Collector’s Edition Certificate: A Certificate of Authenticity serialized with the unique number of your Collector’s Edition. Single-sided, spot varnish, hot foil, and blind deboss. Frame it above the mantelpiece, if you’re so inclined!
- Baldur’s Gate 3 D20: Oversized custom-engraved metal dice based on Baldur’s Gate 3’s digital dice design. Made from zinc alloy.
But while the launch is in August, there’s plenty more to unwrap before the year is out.
Have you been playing Baldur’s Gate 3 up to now or were you holding out for when the final build of the game is out there? Do you think that there will be a lot more changed out there between now and August or will it all just be a bit more polish to clean up the edges out there? Will you be picking up the collector’s edition of the game or just sticking with the digital version of it all? Feel free to let us all know down in the comments and then feel free to discuss it all as you so wish. We will keep sharing all that we can for Baldur’s Gate 3, so please keep checking back in here for all of that and everything else that we can share with the world out there. I hope you are not all let down by it all.