Wolfenstein: The New Order
A collector’s edition of Wolfenstein: The New Order has been announced and called the Panzerhund Edition. It actually comes with a Panzerhund too.
It looks like Wolfenstein: The New Order is stepping up into the crazy “collector’s edition” arena with the recently announced Panzerhund Edition. The interesting part here though is that it DOES NOT come with a copy of the game. Bold move but let us see what all of you crazy Wolfenstein fans may be getting for your $100 USD if you so choose to get this crazy “collector’s edition” for the game.
Let it be known that there are only 5000 of these to be purchased before May 20th or until supply runs out. Here’s what is inside.
- Panzerhund Edition comes in a vintage footlocker-style box (measuring approximately 20″ x 10.5″ x 8.5″) with a stamped number plate right above the antiqued clasp.
- A classified folder affixed to the lid containing 11 classified documents (an assortment of maps, case files, and even an x-ray).
- An 8″ articulated Panzerhund statue. Made of high quality vinyl material (PVC and ABS) the statue is hand painted, includes a base, and strikes a surprisingly menacing pose for a scaled-down replica.
- Inset in a velvet-lined tray is an exclusive SteelBook™, and a set of 14 full-color weathered-looking postcards of the game’s alternate history, bound in a display book.
- A set of three high-quality, embroidered patches, and a box containing custom molded replica dog tags, looped and knotted on twine string.
- Does NOT include a copy of the game!
Ok, that all looks cool and all but no copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order? So this is more along the lines of a $100 ‘swag bag’ of goodies for the game to show your true dedication to the reboot before it hits our homes. I mean $160 for this and a copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order is a lot cheaper than the Titanfall collector’s edition but it just seems weird to not include the game at all yet call it a collector’s edition. Bethesda does give the reason that this cool box set may not be able to ship at the same time as the game and they want us playing and not waiting, but why not bundle and ship separately? It’s just odd.
I will say that all of these items are really cool and I can see dropping the extra money if it was available. I especially would love to have the Panzerhund on my desk and the ominous looking footlocker set up at home. Those are the real selling pints for this to me as I don’t always have the time to dig into all the lore outside of what the game will present.
What about you? You willing to drop an extra $100 on Wolfenstein: The New Order for this? If you are, here is the link to pre-order the Panzerhund Edition.