The first in the developer series for Gord is here to help us all understand where the concept of Gord came about
Those looking for more on Gord before it hits the PC might be a little happy here, as we have a new developer diary for the game to dig into. Those looking to get more of the actual gameplay in the mix might be a little sad, as this video does not give up much for this strategy title that Covenant is working on for us. It is a bit of a split bag on it all. That is, unless, you want to know where the original idea for Gord came about and how the team went from working for other studios to coming together and working on this title. That is what this first part of the series is going to be all about as we wait for a solid release date to be tossed down at us.
Most of what we get to learn here for Gord, is that the team wanted to set out to do their own thing and dig into the Slavic lore. All stuff we have been able to know since the game was first revealed out there. The most interesting part is the fact that the team opted to go with this religion and lore for Gord since it was not one of the bigger ones we have been hit with for a while. Looking at those Roman, Greek, and Norse titles. Of course, this had more hardships to get done right and to build monsters from since there is not the best documentation from the oral traditions of it all. Even with all of that, though, the team does look like they have a solid understanding along with the development background to give us a great title to play with once it is all done.
Gord — The Birth Of Gord
Welcome to Episode 1 of Covenant’s Gord Dev Log Series!
As Covenant heads deeper into the launch year of Gord, they thought it was time to delve into how the game came to be. Its inspirations, how it was designed, and ultimately how Gord began to take shape.
- Dark Fantasy Strategy: Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn and venture deep into forbidden lands in a lore-rich, dark fantasy, a real-time strategy campaign
- Build And Survive: Grow your gord from humble settlement to formidable fortress while protecting your citizens from invading tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk within the surrounding woods
- Unique Sanity System: Keep a close eye on your townsfolk as everything from illness to hunger and the death of kin can have a devastating impact on their lives and well-being
- Hand-Crafted Quests: Take on a wide variety of quests and random encounters that will lead you deep into the wilderness to hunt legendary creatures, uncover ancient secrets, and vanquish deadly scourges
- Unleash Powerful Incantations: Unlock a variety of offensive and defensive spells to tip combat in your favor
- Custom Scenarios With Procedurally Generated Levels: Take on an endless variety of challenges by creating your own scenarios. Customize your playthrough by picking a main objective, choosing your starting party, level size, number of resources, enemy types, raid intensities, and even the severity of the weather!
Did you find any of this interesting for Gord or would you have rather just seen gameplay instead? Do you think it will be an ambitious title for the team to tackle given some of the limitations or will that just open up more creativity to give us something we have not truly seen before? Will the games from their past get worked into it all too or should we hope that they leave all of that in the past and just use the lessons learned going forward? Tell us all of your thoughts on this down in the comments and then feel free to discuss it all as you so wish. There is much more planned for Gord, and we will try to keep on top of it all for you. Please keep checking back for all of those updates and many, many more.
0 Comments Go ahead and login or register