Super Nintendo fans need to get ready to enter a whole new world with Super Nintendo World opening up early in February
This is not a drill, but it looks as if we have an opening date set down for the upcoming Super Nintendo World in the United States. At least for those on the West Coast or are willing to head out to the Universal Parks out in Hollywood. The park that we have seen built for a while now and have been pining to go to after the first one opened up in Japan will finally allow the public in on February 17th, 2023. That keeps to its early 2023 timeline and will give those hoping to step into the Super Nintendo World a date to start planning around. Even if the opening date will be a little insane for those trying to get in sooner instead of later. Not that it will not be around for a long time for as many to give a solid walkthrough for it all.
That all said, we also have a few more updates for this Super Nintendo World and what it will house out there. It looks like it will be a little smaller than the one out in Japan, as it will focus all around the AR Ride of Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge. It does sound like this will be one not to miss, but the rest of the world sounds like it will be more of an experience instead of filled with attractions. Given that we will need to have an interactive wristband for all of that, it feels like it is doubling down on that. As long as we want to be able to brag to others about what we have unlocked and seen out in the Super Nintendo World. On the digital and AR side of things, that is, as there will be the usual merch options and themed restaurant in the area too. Much as we have seen in the various other locales in the park. Have a gander below to see just a bit more and play your meeting with Mario, Luigi, and Peach accordingly.
Super Nintendo World — Opening Day
Super Nintendo World, the innovative, immersive, and highly-anticipated themed land officially opens at Universal Studios Hollywood on Friday, February 17, 2023. So, get ready; this exciting debut marks Super Nintendo World’s official arrival in the United States.
This all-new, dynamic land will be a visual spectacle of vibrant colors and architectural ingenuity located within a newly expanded area of Universal Studios Hollywood. Super Nintendo World will feature the groundbreaking “Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge” ride, as well as many thrilling and interactive activities designed to engage the entire family within the captivating Mushroom Kingdom. Along with themed dining at the Toadstool Cafe and shopping at the 1-UP Factory retail store, Super Nintendo World will be an inspiring, game-changing addition to the world-famous theme park.
From the moment guests pass through the iconic green pipe, a journey filled with exploration, discovery, and play awaits that is entirely unlike anything they’ve experienced before. Their journey begins as they enter Peach’s Castle before venturing further into the colorful Mushroom Kingdom.
Super Nintendo World will sweep guests into the 360-degree world of Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach where they will become an integral part of their exhilarating universe. Plus, with the purchase of a Power-Up Band – wearable, interactive wristbands – guests will be able to deepen their interactions across the land.
As the countdown to the grand opening begins, here’s a sneak peek of what to expect:
- Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge: This all-new, technologically-advanced ride, inspired by the popular Mario Kart video game series, will seamlessly fuse cutting-edge augmented reality (AR) with projection mapping technology and actual set pieces along a moving ride track. Set against a multi-sensory backdrop of color, sound, and movement, guests will be seated in stadium-style, four-seat vehicles as they navigate familiar courses through the creative use and integration of head-mounted AR goggles. This unique feature is a key point of differentiation that distinguishes this ride from other theme park attractions. The premise of Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge is simple but equally inspiring and challenging, appealing to guests of all ages regardless of gaming experience. As part of Team Mario, guests will steer through underwater courses and courses in the clouds to compete for the Golden Cup while collecting coins to defeat Team Bowser and win. Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge raises the stakes for guests as an intriguing and repeatable ride with a variety of outcomes.
- Mount Beanpole: This towering landmark sits at the heart of the land and also serves as the entry queue for Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge.
- Bowser’s Castle: Adorned with a breathtaking sculpture of a large and powerful Bowser, this structure serves as a key centerpiece of the land, home to Super Nintendo World’s signature ride, Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge. As guests navigate the winding corridors and pass through the hall of medallions and trophies of the ominous castle towards the Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge ride, they will learn more about Bowser’s calculated plans to defeat Team Mario for the coveted Golden Cup.
- Power-Up Band: These wearable, state-of-the-art wristbands sync with Universal Studios Hollywood’s free downloadable app to level up the guest experience within the land and enhance its many interactive elements. These include, but are not limited to, keeping individual and team scores, collecting digital coins, and obtaining keys after winning challenges throughout the land. Power-Up Bands will also invite guests to enjoy extra-special interactions with Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach. They will come in six design options with character themes and will be available for purchase both within the land and at Super Nintendo World retail shops located in the theme park and on CityWalk.
- Interactive Gameplay: Within the land, guests will become fully engulfed in an engaging world of real-life gameplay, including punching ? Blocks to collect digital coins and a variety of interactives. They will discover a new dimension of Super Nintendo World via the interactive binoculars employing augmented reality technology positioned within the land. Guests can beat the four Key Challenges and collect keys from Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Piranha Plant, and Thwomp interactive activities to ultimately allow access to the culminating boss battle with Bowser Jr. These energetic, familiar, and fun interactive games will further enhance the entire kinetic experience within the land and immerse guests into the unique world of Super Mario.
- Toadstool Cafe: The land’s signature restaurant Toadstool Cafe will serve a gourmet menu perfected by Chef Toad where he will greet guests upon entry. Menu items prepared fresh daily include Toadstool Cheesy Garlic Knots, Super Mushroom Soup, Piranha Plant Caprese, Mario Bacon Cheeseburger, Luigi Pesto Chicken Burger, ? Block Tiramisu and Princess Peach Cupcake.
- 1-UP Factory: What better way to commemorate a visit to Super Nintendo World than to visit the 1-UP Factory retail shop to purchase collectible memorabilia. The 1-UP Factory will offer an extensive selection of merchandise from Mario and Luigi-themed apparel to iconic character hats and an array of plush characters, including Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Bowser.
Have you been counting the days until you would be able to enter into the Super Nintendo World out here or did you plan on heading to the Japanese one instead? Will we get to see more attractions down the line as we have seen at the other park or will these be the biggest options in the mix out there? Will there be a Luigi’s Mansion-themed attraction during the Horror Nights this year or will the park be closed during that time? Give us all of your thoughts and feedback on all of this down in the comments and then feel free to discuss it all. We are keeping a close eye on the Super Nintendo World out here in the United States, so you know we will have much more to share down the line. Just be sure to keep checking in on the site for all of that and everything else we have to offer up.