One more survival and crafting shooter, The Front, has been revealed and we can see why we need to take to The Front
If you are in the market for a new survival-open-world-crafting shooter title, that is a lot, then you can look forward to The Front. A new title that is coming from Samar Studio for the PC that is offering all of those things and a bit more too. A bit more with The Front placing all manner of other enemies and vehicles in the mix that will add to the building, crafting, and surviving in this new world. One that looks like it has been ravaged by zombies, military, clowns, and many other horrible things to shoot up and scavenge from. It almost feels as if the team has thrown everything at the board and it all stuck somehow. We can see if that is going to work out in the end…
All of that aside, The Front will have a whole lot more to offer than some of the weirdness mentioned here. There will be over four hundred different formulas to learn and build in the world, over twenty different defensive traps and devices, a whole variety of weapons to use, and over a hundred different types of buildings to defend in the mix. Since we will see all manner of poison gas, electrical devices, and other environmental issues to navigate in The Front too. Have a look at what is ready to be shown for this title and head over to Steam to add it to the wishlist you might be building up. Even if we do not know when this one will be hitting the open market out there.
The Front — Reveal
Samar Studio has announced The Front, a survival-open-world-crafting shooter game coming to PC later this year. The studio has also released a first-look trailer for the game, and has debuted its Steam page, where interested players may add the title to their wishlists.
The Front takes place in a post-apocalyptic sandbox landscape populated with zombie-like mutants and hostile factions. In another reality, a tyrannical empire has conquered the world and is enacting a global “citizen” policy. Using monitoring devices, a ruthless will to kill, and advanced technology, the empire seeks to change mankind forever. Already stripped of their freedom, faith, and in many cases, life, humans are on the verge of finally losing that which they call home. The surviving members of humanity’s resistance are hoping to use time travel technology to return to the past and correct the course of history.
On this war-torn land, players will engage imperial forces, exiles, and rebels in an epic battle that will determine the fate of humanity. In their fight to rewrite the world’s fate, players will explore ruins and enemy areas, craft weapons and equipment, build bases, pilot vehicles, battle the elements, and contend with fearsome foes.
Danger lurks everywhere in The Front, and players will need to work together to survive. Building a base with adequate defenses is important, but friends can mean the difference between death and survival when exploring the world to scour for resources and crafting formulas — especially when fighting off waves of enemies.
Features and Gameplay
- An open world 36km² in size featuring distinct biomes such as forests, snow lands, and deserts, each with its own resources and ecosystem
- A realistic day/night cycle and ten different types of weather, including blizzards, fog, and thunderstorms
- 400+ tech formulas to learn
- 30 types of basic building modules and nearly 100 different functional components used to construct logical electrical systems, irrigation systems, automated defenses, and more
- 20+ kinds of defenses and traps used to protect bases from onslaughts, including crossbows, catapults, meat grinders, arrow walls, poison gas, and shocking electrical devices
- An arsenal of modern weapons customizable with attachments like sights, grips, and tactical flashlights
- A wide array of land, air, and sea vehicles that can be augmented with additional armor and weapons
- Ten distinct survival indices, including hunger, thirst, hypothermia, and infection
- Formidable enemies with unique characteristics, such as high HP or the ability to self-detonate and unleash devastating toxic clouds
What do you think about The Front based on the basics we have had here to look at so far? Is it odd to see so many different enemy types in the mix of a game like this or will it be better explained once we are in the mix? How do you think the vehicles will be balanced in the game and what will keep us from just crushing all of the buildings with them? Head into the comment section to tell us all and then discuss it all. When we have more for The Front, we will share it with you here and on our social accounts. Please keep checking in for all of that and much more out there.
0 Comments Go ahead and login or register