Just after Saints Row was announced at gamescom, we have a new breakdown of what to expect in this Saints Row with a bit of gameplay
During the main shows of gamescom, we had the tease and showing of the new Saints Row title but did not get much more than that at the time. I mean, we did also get the release date from Volition that we can play the game on February 25th 2022 on our PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or PC when the time comes. Kind of a lot that we normally ask for when a game is announced out there. Sadly, it did not come with much in the way of gameplay or many other aspects that would be nice to have beyond it being a reboot to the Saints Row IP. That or Deep Silver was holding a few things back for us until now as we have a little bit of gameplay and look at what will be coming with this title when it comes. Just a bit odd that it did not come out at the same time as the big cinematic drop.
Anyway, here we go with a bit of the behind-the-scenes for this Saints Row and what is going into it all. Obviously, it will be taking place in the American South West with many of the streets and settings pulled from various cities in the area. Even if there are quite a bit from Las Vegas specifically here. It will also be a fully open-world again and filled with all of the weirdness in the mix of it all. All while we take on the role of the four different characters with each of their own ideas behind how it should all go do. Just with the Saints Row twists as we leave behind all that we remember from the years before now.
There is also a nice dive into the various enemies in Saints Row that we will have to face off against and some of the weapons we will use in the mix. All of which we will be able to customize quite a bit as the narrative plays out too. Have a look at the video to see a bit more to all of that, but that is about the basics that they are willing to give us for now. No matter the case, we will be Self Made in Saints Row in the short future. this is what we should all still be amped for as the tidbits flow out there to get us all back into these roles again.
Saints Row — Welcome To Santo Ileso
Discover a rich, criminal, unique world — all yours for the taking.
Join the voice of The Boss Bryce Charles and the Volition team as they take you on a tour of a whole new world for the Saints. Welcome to Santo Ileso, a brand new location in the American Southwest, complete with a brand new cast of characters to discover.
Dive in to the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever, spread across nine unique districts surrounded by the vast, majestic beauty of the Southwest Desert.
Welcome to Santo Ileso, a vibrant fictional city in the heart of the American SouthWest. In a world rife with crime, where lawless factions fight for power, a group of young friends embark on their own criminal venture, as they rise to the top in their bid to become Self Made.
Experience the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever created; the unique sprawling world of Santo Ileso is the backdrop for a wild, larger-than-life sandbox of thrilling side hustles, criminal ventures, and blockbuster missions, as you shoot, drive, and wingsuit your way to the top.
- Witness The Birth Of The Saints – Play through an action blockbuster original story full of criminality, extraordinary scenes, and signature surprises laced with humor.
- Discover The Weird, Wild, West – Dive in to Santo Ileso, the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever, spread across nine unique districts surrounded by the vast, majestic beauty of the Southwest Desert.
- Build Your Criminal Empire – Take over the city block by block, wage war against enemy factions, and tighten your grip on the streets with ingenious criminal ventures.
- Fire Guns. Lots Of Guns – Shoot revolvers from the hip, fire and forget with a rocket launcher, or obliterate up close using melee heavyweights, complete with brutal takedowns. A vast variety of familiar and exotic weapons, all customizable, and all deadly fun.
- Take To The Streets And The Skies – Blast through urban and desert environments in any one of the cars, bikes, planes, helicopters, VTOLs, hoverbikes, hoverboards, go-karts or equip your wingsuit to swoop around.
- Unprecedented Customization – Create the Boss of your dreams, with the most extensive character customization suite ever seen in the series, then complete the look with incredible options for weapons and vehicles.
- Seamless Co-Op – Experience everything on offer with a friend at any time, via fully untethered drop-in/dropout co-op, skipping the need to take either of you out of the outlandish action. Play nice together, or play all new pranks on your teammate. After all, who’s the Boss now.
Were you able to gather all of this from the original announcement for Saints Row or was it good to have it laid out like this? Do you think it will be closer to some of the grounded titles in the IP line or will it just look like that for now? Will this be the reboot we needed for the IP or will it just be paving the way for more titles in the line after the corner it was painted into before? Let us all know down in the comments and then feel free to discuss it all. If and when we have more for Saints Row, we will share it all to you here. Just be sure to keep an eye on the site and all of our social accounts so you are not left out of it all.