The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation
The Pioneers are setting out to test all that Io has to offer up in the Early Access for The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation
If you have been wanting to set forth and see what it is like to try to rebuild humanity on the moon Io, then you are going to be in luck on January 20th, as The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation is coming to the PC in an early access to allow just for that. This would be the title that Supercube has been toiling away at for a while now and they finally see it in a place that will work for the masses. Even if there is still a bit to go on it all. Nonetheless, The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation is ready for you to Wishlist and jump into next week if you so desire to do so. Then again, you may still be looking for more to understand about the game before all of that happens here. Let us dig into that just a little bit.
What you are going to get here with The Pioneers is a new space survival title that will have us trying to rebuild and thrive on a harsh moon since Earth has been messed up once again. The twist here is that we will be assigned three random members of the crew to control, out of fifteen, and then we will need to navigate their strengths, weaknesses, and skills while going through all of the other things we need to do to survive. This, of course, will lead to various different events unfolding and then various endings to the overall story we are playing out. If things go as planned, The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation will be a different title each time we load it up. As long as we see more of the crew along the way and once the game fully launches out there in the future. We will have to wait and see for that now.
The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation — Early Access
The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation is an innovative space simulation game where you play as a crew of specialists that must survive and explore the secrets of the desolated moon, Io.
Planet Earth. 2084. It is time to put your mark on history. You are in charge of Io-1, the first inhabited space mission to Io. The dangerous biomes here feature extreme temperatures, intense volcanic and seismic activity, and magnetic storms. Retrieve your space station, prep your crew, manage your resources and get ready to face the most hostile environments in the solar system.
Each game of The Pioneers offers players a unique challenge. Start with 3 different characters chosen randomly among a pool of 15. Adapt to their strengths and weaknesses and use everything they have at their disposal to survive.
The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation features multiple winning conditions and endings. Play again and again, take advantage of upgrades, learn the best strategies for survival, and master all of Io’s unforgiving elements.
- Explore – Io may be dangerous but it is also home to beautiful, desolate landscapes. Board a rover or a flying drone and venture out to gather precious resources in the various biomes of Io. Explore the land and collect important scientific data to accomplish your mission.
- Build – Produce materials, build modules and engineering systems, craft wearable equipment, and make food. Utilize the game’s advanced health system to monitor everyone carefully to keep them alive.
- Survive – Volcanos, seismic activity, sulfur winds, and magnetic storms will put nearly constant pressure on your crew. Anticipate and adapt. Your crew’s life depends on it.
- Manage – Start with 3 characters chosen randomly from a pool of 15. Adapt to their strengths and weaknesses and use everything they have at their disposal to survive.
- Simulate – Multiple winning conditions and endings. Play again and again, take advantage of upgrades, learn the best strategies for survival, and master all of Io’s unforgiving elements.
Are you curious to see how The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation is going to pan out once it hits the Early Access? Do you think having three of fifteen each time will give us a high number of endings or will some be about the same but with different faces making it to the end? Will the moon be as harsh as we think it will be or will it be something just to add a little challenge to the rest of what we are going to have to face with each other? Tell us what you are thinking in the comment section and also feel free to discuss it all as you so wish. We will have our eyes on The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation, so be sure that we will offer up everything else that we can on the site for you. Then we can maybe make it to the year that is listed that humanity is able to make it out to the moon of Io in the game.