Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Our first look at Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s zombies is here to show how it will evolve over the past versions of it in the Call Of Duty franchise
Here we go with the first look at the upcoming zombies mode in for Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. For those out of the loop, somehow, this is the multiplayer mode that has us fighting and gunning down waves of the undead in the timeline of part of the game. Usually a mode that has us fighting and dying over and overall so we can get bits of a story out of Treyarch on where it is all going here. That has been my experience with zombies in the past Call Of Duty titles at least. Although, it does sound like things may be getting a bit of a shake here in this one when it comes to us all on November 13th for all of those platforms the core game will be on.
It looks like the same gameplay loop will be back with all of the usual weapons and items we have come to expect in a Call Of Duty title. All of which set over the backdrop of the Cold War era. The interesting part being that it will be cross-platform and cross-play for the first with all progression carrying over. Not only that, but it looks like we have a new feature in this one that will allow us to exfiltrate out of the mission but still earn rewards. More or less, it will allow us to set a final wave we feel like we will be able to handle before dying and then get a few more as we wait for a helicopter to get us out alive. Maybe this time I will be able to actually make it through a full story for Call Of Duty Zombies here and not have to watch others go through the motions online.
Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War — Zombies First Look
Whether you’re a long-time Zombies veteran who also plays Multiplayer, or a first-time Call Of Duty player completely new to Zombies, expect to drop into the fun faster than ever before with friends and the greater community, no matter the platform or generation you play on.
Here are just some of the updates to Zombies in Black Ops Cold War:
- Cross-Play and Cross-Gen — Just like Multiplayer, squads in Zombies can be formed across platforms and generations, marking the first time in franchise history this co-op mode is available via cross-play.
- Battle Pass Progression and Loadouts — Players will now advance through the Battle Pass with time played in Zombies, similar to Multiplayer and Call Of Duty: Warzone. Requiem team members can also start the match with their Gunsmith-crafted weapon of choice via loadout support.
- Weapon Rarity — In addition to the return of the Pack-a-Punch machine to transform your weapon, all weapons will now have a rarity associated with them. The higher the rarity, the greater the damage output and attachments for the weapon. For the first time, this will allow any weapon in the game to be sustainable in later rounds. This also adds more variety and fun to finding new weapons through Wall Buys and the Mystery Box.
- Field Upgrades — Outside of weaponry, players can deploy Field Upgrades as proactive abilities that add another layer to squad-based tactics. Charge them up by killing zombies, then deploy them in times of desperate need. From offensive buffs to abilities that aid in evasion or healing and reviving, these Field Upgrades are made to fit numerous playstyles and situations.
- Equipment — Around the map, you can craft and find lethal, tactical, and support equipment. Lethal and tactical equipment are similar to the equipment found in Multiplayer, like Frag Grenades, while support equipment is home to high-powered offensive weaponry. This slot could be where you deploy Grenade Launchers, Sentry Turrets, Explosive Bows, and even Chopper Gunners – all tools that can deliver a massive power spike when your squad needs it most.
- Perks — Classic Zombies Perks are back with a reimagined Cold War aesthetic, including the return of timeless favorites like Juggernog and Speed Cola. There’s no longer a limit to how many different Perks you can consume, so go ahead and crack open a six-pack, if you have the points to do so.
- Exfil — Instead of perishing to the horde, Black Ops Cold War Zombies provides a new option to escape with your life when you’re feeling overrun… if you dare. If the whole squad is in trouble, you can opt to exfiltrate the undead combat zone via helicopter. Although zombie spawns will be dialed up to 11, you should expect to earn some rewards if your squad completes this final push to survive.
Are you overly jazzed to get to experience more Zombies in the Call Of Duty universe or is it something that should have its own title to enjoy? Is it interesting to see that all of the updates post-launch will be free for this mode with everything included or is it something we should expect in our games now? Do you like that you will be able to exfiltrate out of the mission when things get hairy or would you rather just die and lose it all? Let us know down in the comments and then feel free to discuss it all. If there is more for Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, you know it will be on the site for you. Just be sure to keep checking back in for all of that and much more.