Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Yesterday we got a look at what Konami and its developers are bringing to E3. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 being one of the larger titles talked about and shown off. Amongst all the PR hype and a dumb looking Mega64 parody we got a nice 6 minute trailer showing the game in action. Knowing what we gamers want it would seem that Konami has clipped the trailer out and supplied it for all of our viewing pleasure. Here it is without all the other BS around it.
- Obviously Zobek is back with Patrick Stewart as the voice again
- The game features Dracula as the main playable character
- Even though the trailer shows a more medieval setting, it is supposed to take place in modern times.
- The story picks up after the prologue of LoS
- The main villain mentioned is Satan
- There is more focus on free roaming and less “level” based
- The camera will no longer be fixed and will be controlled by the players
- MercurySteam has claimed that they have done away with the loading screen and allows players to move freely
- This will be the end of the Lords of Shadow saga but not specifically the Castlevania story
LoS2 will be on the show floor at E3 so expect there to be quite a few updates as we will have actual hands on with the game. If it is anything like the first title I see this becoming another “need to play” title in everyone’s library.