It looks like PlayStation Home is finally getting trophies added via a new update. We have a list of what will pop for most of us on next sign in.
So this has been a long time coming but PlayStation Home is getting trophy support. It seems odd that it took this long for it to happen but I guess there needs to be some draw to keep firing up the PS3 besides the games, music, and movies. I guess it is more to keep the draw to the service that never got up and running to well and is probably losing steam as it has yet to grace the PS4. Either way the trophies have come for PlayStation Home.
So what kind of wacky stuff will we have to do to gain the nine bronze, three silver, and one gold trophy? Well here is the full list that has been making the rounds on the internet recently.
- Welcome Home — Log in to PlayStation®Home
- A Place to Call My Own — Visit your Harbor Studio apartment
- Interior Designer — Use 15 unique, purchased or rewarded furniture items in an apartment
- Wherever I Lay My Hat — Own 3 purchased or rewarded apartments or clubhouses
- Fresh Threads — Own 15 purchased or rewarded clothing items
- Brand New Toy — Own 3 purchased or rewarded portable items
- Nice Gadget! — Own 15 purchased or rewarded furniture or active items
- A New You — Change each item of clothing individually on a male or female avatar
- A Documentary — Take a photo on 10 different days
- Welcome Guest — Visit a friend’s apartment
- Grand Explorer — Visit 20 unique spaces
- There’s No Place Like Home — Visit PlayStation®Home on 50 different days
- Born to Dance — Perform 5 of the default dances
So how many of us out there are just going to be able to signing and gain about 90% of these trophies in a matter of moments? At least if they are retroactive based on purchases and all the rewards anyone who has used PlayStation Home in a minor way. Pretty much anyone who has toiled around a few times. You know I am right.
It does beg the question though, “Is this sign of further PlayStation Home expansion?” Will it be making the leap from PS3 to PS4? I guess that is two questions then but still relevant. Why else would Sony make the push if there were no plans to keep PlayStation Home going on the PS4 and future? It doesn’t make sense that they wouldn’t. I have a feeling these are only the tip for now as well and that we can expect more as the social service rolls out with more marketing schemes as they have in the past.
Not a bad move. I just hope there are trophies in the future for attending events using the virtual presence of PlayStation Home to match the T-Shirt that used to be handed out in the past.